Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Can face warts be removed my antifungal/antibacterial creams?

i have some face warts. (those flat unnoticable warts on the face). i don't want to have it cauterized because it is painful and costly. would applying antifungal/antibacterial creams help rid of it? the cream that i have has zinc oxide and stuff..





help me please!Can face warts be removed my antifungal/antibacterial creams?
The key to the correct treatment is getting the right diagnosis. Face warts are sort of unusual. Regardless, if these are warts, warts are a viral infection that would not respond to antifungal or antibacterial agents as a virus is neither bacteria or fungus.





I looked into it a little - rather than warts per se, I think you might be referring to ';stucco keratosis.'; See link for a photo.


http://dermatlas.med.jhmi.edu/derm/Index鈥?/a>





I wasn't satisfied with the above link and you are correct! Stupid me! So here's another link.


http://dermatlas.med.jhmi.edu/derm/Index鈥?/a>





The notes on this section say that this condition was sucessfully treated with treinoin 0.05 percent cream which is surely a prescription but sounds like a one time office visit.





I hope this is helpful. Good luck.Can face warts be removed my antifungal/antibacterial creams?
you can go buy those freeze off wart things at drugstores

No comments:

Post a Comment